The Emperor Guillermo River valley was named by the German explorer Steffen in 1896. Then it was an impenetrable jungle, burned by settlers in the 40s of the twentieth century to turn it into pasture. The cemetery of fallen logs impressive. In half a century no new trees have sprouted, because mothers were not to produce seeds. It comes from following the hijacking Mañihuales (km. 63) to Coihaique. at Km 80 is reached the bridge over the river Emperor, boxed and deep.