This temple has a tragic and bloody history. It was originally built by the Ching Dinasty in 1668 and dedicated to Matsu, housing the 3 god's statues from Fuchien brought by Koxinga. In 1895, during the colonization wars the Japanese killed many Ching's soldiers in the temple and buried them inside. Until its rebuilding date, in 1966, the temple and its ghosts were feared by the locals.
Today it's a turistic spot as is located just in front of the Anping Fort and sorrounded by a market.