Anping Great Fort, better known as Eternal Golden Fort because of the inscription on the entrance, was built in the XIX century by French engineers in order to resist the Japanese troops. Includes a training field and was equipped with five Armstrong Cannons. They make cannons firing demonstrations at certain hours.
Walking left from the Pao Gao Stone Gate you will find the small Yonghua Temple, located in a small square in one of the streets that leave the Fujhong Street. The old trees in front of the temple are decorated with Tao amulets.
Located in the former Five Channel Zone, the most properous trade center of the city in the old times, is this stone gate that served as the officials reception archway in the past.
This Fujian style shrine dedicated to Koxinga was originally built by the locals in 1663, rebuilt in 1758 and enlarged in 1874. The building helds nowadays a museum (Tainan Folk Cultural Hall) that displays things related to the concerned ancestors, pre-historic preserves and Tainan local history related materials.
The building is sorrounded by a beautiful garden that helds a monument dedicated to this pirate that expelled from the island the Dutch during the Ming Dinasty becoming a local hero.
This small hall located near the Koxinga Shrine and built in 1837 is famous for being one of the two temples of the Longhua School of Abstinence that still survive in all Taiwan.