A 66 kilometres from the junction of El Maitén appears Cochrane, penultimate stage in our long route through the Southern Road and last town for supplies. Magellan farmers introduced sheep from Argentina, in 1908. Although the valley was discovered by explorer Hans Steffen in 1899 after Baker upriver. Provincial capital, is peopled Cochrane officials, military and public servants with their families, which gives a nostalgic air in cafes and restaurants. Beautiful excursions in the surroundings.